Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to achieve wireless communication between MICRO-CONTROLLER AND ANDROID APP

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldriver

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am developing a system for a uni project that requires me to transmit data from an ARDUINO micro-controller to an android app. For instance, i am reading off values from moisture,light and temperature sensors and transmitting them to the arduino micro-controller and now i would want this data to be transmitted to an android phone displaying data like:

MOISTURE LEVEL:MODERATE/HIGH/LOW
TEMP LEVEL:26 C
LIGHT:GOOD

What is the interface that i am looking for between the controller and the phone to achieve the above functionality or objectives? Does it need to be transmitted to some sort of a server before forwarding it to phone or can it be transmitted directly to phone?

Looking for answers from someone with good background knowledge of wireless communication and embedded systems.

You should go for a Bluetooth transceiver connected to your processor.

have a look on this similar project
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/332940/

google with HC-05

I have found two solutions by doing some research. Please shed light on both solutions

1.Connect the app to a web server which receives data using a WI-FI ROUTER from an arduino which is connected
like in this representation:

https://imgur.com/nUDjktA

2.Connect a blue-tooth transmitter module to an arduino and then transmit data to the the android phone directly. But since i am a wireless newbie, i am confused that how will the phone interpret data received from the arduino.

i am confused that how will the phone interpret data received from the arduino
The phone will do nothing on it's own, the app must be designed to do so.

I did already recommend it in post #2.

Of course, if your processor is already connected to LAN and you are operating your application only at a particular site, the first option may be interesting, too.

Yes i am aware, i was just confirming it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back