Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to access RAM using C++?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monterez

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi there, i have problem access RAM, currently im using 128k RAM n my project only using the 1st 64 k RAM...when i try to access another 64k RAM theres problem..im using C++ lang..
when i assigned the adresss..my compiler can compile the program..
im using RIE IDE..

Re: how to access RAM

how are you trying to access?

Hi
Have you red the datasheets of your RAM.
Which type of RAM you are using SRAM , DRAM ,SDRAM?

Salam
Hossam Alzomor
ww.i-g.org

when i try to access another 64k RAM theres problem..im using C++ lang..
What kind of processor do you use?
What is RIE IDE?
Do you mean you point to address beyond 64K? What is the maximum RAM capacity of your processor?

The info you give is very incomplete.
Is it internal RAM? Some internal ram has a factory preserved space that cannot be access. Or may be an external RAM with other function such as RTC? This might also has a reserved space. Or, maybe you havent divided the ram into 2 address-data and high-byte-data partition. Anyway, it depend on what type of your uc, RAM, and functions.

how to access RAM

Hi u can access the the Ram address by using this line

variable = *((U32x *)address);
this line access the ram address specified by u and copy the content to the variable.
if its is internal RAM there is no problem in accessing the RAM address. if its external some care to be taken for that. make sure that ur accessing the external ram through the address line of ur ports pin.
for example for atmel ur address line will be from POrt 0 & port 2.

how to access RAM

I think its RIDE ide (Raisonance kit) for 8051...

that micro can access up to 64K of sram... so if you try to access the upper part... just think how could it do it????

(how can it access up to 64KB??? with 16 bit addresss bus... just PORT0 and PORT2) so some architectures, uses PORT1 to access more ram up to 16MB... maybe your board is using P1.0 to access upper part of 128k RAM... soooo you need to set P1.0.... (I don´t know if RIDE IDE can do it automatically... but i think complete Keil can do it in a "large memory" model...)

how to access RAM

Friends have you noticed that monterez is not replying to any of tye query. It seems that he is either not interested or the problem is solved but he should tell us

Status
Not open for further replies.