Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How this circuit work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For detailed description of this circuit goto LM78XX data sheet:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
See also:
**broken link removed** ..
Regards,
IanP

This circuit is a power supply, its output voltage varried according to the value of U1(shown in figure).
You can use this circuit to supply power to any other circuit you wan to build

this is a power supply
t1 rectify t1 output voltage
c1 reduce large ripple
c2 and c3 and c4 are u1 capacitors
d1 and d2 are protection diodes
u1 can be any 78xx families

you can find your answer in Nashleski "Electronic component " book.

it is a simple Fixed Voltage Power Supply that provides DC voltage to be used in any other application. and the explanation of the circuit is included with it. I don't understand exactly what do you want? if you need to ask about something in the circuit. please clarify.

in this ckt capacitor is used as a filter.
it is used to remove ac content .
ic of series lm is a voltage regulator ic.
doide is used for protective purpose

My friends that circuit for supplying constant voltage 5,9,.......
But if we wanted to build really power supply providing voltage varying from 0v to about 25v(all of those voltages can be provided in the same circuit,may be containing negative voltages to power OP-AMP) how would we do that...
I think this is an important circuit to make!

thanks in advance!

Some Thing Strange is in this circuit

1- C1 in parallel with C2 which C1 is 2200uF 35V Electrolytic Capacitor with about 10-5% Error
And C2 in non polar very small capacitor this design is very common in high frequency
radio Circuits because Big Electrolytic Capacitors in High Frequecy although shoud be zero
in impedance but they show some Inductive Behaviors so they parallel this kind of big Caps
with small capacitor and the total parasitic inuctive behaviore decreases.

2- i think D2 is for protecting circuit when it is connected to revese voltages.

3- i think D1 is used for Feed Back to make the output more stable Or Protects the circuit when it
is connected to higher voltages.

this is a simple voltage regulator
u can use
Linear integrated circuits & Op amp
by Ramakant Gayakwad

Status
Not open for further replies.