Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how text convert in machine code

Status
Not open for further replies.

vead

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone
i always confused how the software and hardware deal with each other

computer hardware is inherently machine capable of simple operations
like add, subtract, multiply,divide and many
i know the computer hardware make many ics like gate flip, flop adder, multiplexer,counter and others

when i write something like vead in programing language how the processor understand whats thats mean
how machine sense word vead
how vead is converted into binary number
how they give us output we want
how instruction set by program for hardware

please guy help me for my big confusion

The code as it is ( be it C, Pascal...) means nothing to the processor, but when you compile your code, the compiler translates that into a sequence of basic machine instructions, such as those you mentioned, and when you run it those instructions get loaded into memory and executed. This special file with instruction is no different than any other file, its just a sequence of data with a beggining and an end, it's up to the OS to determinate what can be executed.

As for input, when you type in your keyboard those keypreses ( which have known maped values) are pushed into a input buffer, that is periodically read.

If you type in "vead" on a text editor, the OS will create a stream that the program can read and copy those letters (that the computer usually sees as sequence of 8 bits) into it's own internal memory, and when you save it those will be copied to a non volatile memory and somewere on your HD we will have the sequence 01010110011001010110000101100100 (vead). Not a big mystery.

Try searching the internet for "how microprocessors work" or something similar. There are plenty of documents are various technical levels and some videos as well.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back