Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How should electronic circuit designs embrace fit, form and function principles

Status
Not open for further replies.

djstar

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi im curently doing a apprenticeship in electronics and have to do a range of modules, each module has a set of knowledge questions to go with it , im currently answering questions on the module " designing electronic circuit board layouts using CAD tools".
im not sure if this is the right forum to ask the question but any help would be appreciated. the question i am stuck on is "How should electronic circuit designs embrace fit, form and function principles". im not looking for the answer as such im just trying to get my head around what the question means. any help would be truelly appreciated. liam

Re: Apprentice question

"How should electronic circuit designs embrace fit, form and function principles."

My opinion.

embrace means to cover.
fit means to the envirnorment including cost.
form means appearance.
function means the desired operation.

Re: Apprentice question

Hi,

My opinion:

embrace could mean cover or address.

fit in its degenerate form means a certain size or footprint; i.e. 19" x 6"

form could mean a particular standard like vme bus or pcia etc
and
function would cover all the functional specs the circuit should meet, rgds,

js

Status