Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How Share internet connection between USB modem and ethernet in laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

pashok84

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a 3G USB modem (Reliance netconnect). I want to share my internet with other computer in my home.

I am able to establish a seperate network between laptop and other computer in 192.168.0.x and have Internet in Laptop.

Now i want to share the internet connection in my computer through my local netwrok.

How can i do it.

Thanks and Regards,
Ashok Kumar P

Run 'network setup wizard' from 'control panel'. Set your laptop that it is with internet connection and other computers connects to internet through i. Sitmilarly set other computers on network with option that it 'connects to internet through another computer on network'.

Hi,

Right click LAN card which is connected to Internet under Control Panel -> Network Connections and click ‘Sharing’ tab and enable both the options to share Internet. (Note: Unless there is another enabled LAN setting you will not be able to see the shared tab under properties)

Click Ok and close. This option is given by the Windows OS known as ICS (Internet Connection Sharing).

Now you can use Internet from both Computers and u can also setup password also

Status
Not open for further replies.