Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how set licese on linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

niko_zhang

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lm_license_file linux

When I do "setenv LM_LICNCE_FILE 23232@serve:/home/usrname/eda.dat", the software which using the "eda.dat" can't run.

whar wrong!!????

how to set lm_license_file(include @server, test.lic) on linux!!

thx

lm_license_file on linux

What shell are you using, csh, tcsh, bash? And where to you put setenv. Also, I believe LM_LICNCE_FILE is a typo because I use LM_LICENSE_FILE. Your syntax also looks not familiar but I will check it out.

See ya!

linux lm_license_file

I am using csh. I add LM_LICENSE_FILE into .cshrc.

I am confused when I set license. One is floatting, the other is not. The software that using not floatting licence can't run, when I do:
"setenv LM_LICENSE_FILE 27722@server:/home/user/test.dat"

what wrong!?

thank!

how to set lm_license_file

If it's not floating license, it means that you can only run on that machine itself.

lm_license_file in linux

niko_zhang said:
I am using csh. I add LM_LICENSE_FILE into .cshrc.

I am confused when I set license. One is floatting, the other is not. The software that using not floatting licence can't run, when I do:
"setenv LM_LICENSE_FILE 27722@server:/home/user/test.dat"

what wrong!?

thank!

it works fine on my case.
but you can try another way, if the license file of the floating lic (27722@server) at /home/user/lic.dat, you can try this setting:
setenv LM_LICENSE_FILE /home/user/lic.dat:/home/user/test.dat
to confirm the setting of this variable, try this command:
echo $LM_LICENSE_FILE

lm_license_file .cshrc

Look at an example that I have found to be working (under bash):

LM_LICENSE_FILE=/usr/local/mentor/modeltech/modeltech_license.dat:34000@monemvassia:/usr/local/altera/altera_license.dat

setting lm_license_file variable in linux

In a bash shell I used

export LM_LICENSE_FILE= .....

and it is working

setting lm_license_file in linux

You need export in bash, that's true. But the syntax of niko_zhang IMHO is correct so, if you can not make the software work my friend, have you tested each license alone? Yust to check if the problem is in the LM_LICENSE_FILE variable definition or in one of the licenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.