Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How ro send AT command to Nokia 3310 handphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rik

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
at commands for nokia

I've just bought a FBUS Data Cable interfacing my Nokia 3310 with my PC via the serial port.
The problem is how can I send AT commands to my handphone thru my PC serial port ? Do I need a special software?

If yes, is it so that I can just type in the AT commands in the software and send it thru my serial port to my handphone? Or do I have to incorporate somekind of programming or scripts to enable serial port communication? Thanks in advance...

nokia 3310 at command

You can't use the AT commands, because the 3310 has no integrated softmodem. You have to use the fbus protocol from Nokia:

**broken link removed**

regards
revolt

Reactions: Elicor

Elicor

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
nokia 3310 at commands

how do i implement this protocol? do i need any software?
Do u mean I have to send commands in strings o Hex dump?f

at command nokia 3310

for the first tests i would put the hex dump in a file.(I used ultraedit to write the hex data in a file) and then send it via terminal program (e.g. OC-Console) to the serial port.

With the file u should get information about HW & SW versions of the mobile phone.

at command for nokia

Use Nokia 6210, AT send comands via MBUS, read protocol first

3310 at commands

What if I'm using Nokia 8210? Does it have an in-built softmodem?
I've tried using the method you used, revolt. But it doesn't have any response from my handphone...
I've tried using a SMS software to try send a SMS out through my PC, it doesn't work either... It keeps saying "NO RESPONSE from modem". The software says it supports Nokia 3310 phones. Could it be that my data cable is faulty? Anyway that I can test my cable's functionality?

nokia at commands

I found a program you can test your cable with. this works with my
cable and 3310. if you use a serial port sniffer (e.g. portmon) you can
see the transmissions from PC to mobile and back.

at command nokia

hi. . .
help help help. . .!!!!!!!!!!

anybody help how to decode the messages from the cellphone? nokia 3310? that the microcontroller could read the message and interpret it. . .

please reply me. . .

god bless!!!

Added after 4 minutes:

could anyone give me an fbus protocol and command to interface my nokia 3310 with the microcontroller?

please...

nokia 3310 serial port

if you want to send at command using 3310, that is can't because 3310 is not support at command.
you must understand about fbus/mbus n you must connect your 3310 using serial data cable. like this picture bellow..

send at commands to nokia

hello,
i'm working on the same project, now i'm working on the conenting the 3310 to the PC, and after that i want to code my result into the PIC.

But i have some problem with the nokia Fbus and Mbus. that problem is i know the Fbus, but i can't find any resurce for nokia MBus.

I need to use this type of protocol, because this protocol have less baud rate and it's best for me. because i use the micro that support only 9600 bps baud rate.

if any one can help me, please replay this post. thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.