Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how much heat do halogen bulbs emit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scientist123

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have three solar panels of 250W and each panel is to be illuminated with 650W 7 bulbs total of 5Kw approx i.e 15Kw of power in total now how much would the heat be produced in room?
The room size is :13400m(L)*6777m(B)*5025(H).
consider non a/c room and let ambient temperature =30 deg C

Hi,

100%

(or does any energy leave the room? )

Klaus

Agreed. If all the energy enters the room and none leaves it, all the power contributes to the heating.

It does beg the question of why would anyone want to artificially illuminate a solar panel though, it would seem to negate their purpose.

Brian.

I presume scientist123 meaned to ask for the expectable room overtemperature.

If no venting is provided, we have to estimate the heat dissipation through the walls. I guess, the setup doesn't work without massive venting. Calculation is simple, air heat capacity is 1.3 kJ/(m³*K), when accepting 10 K overtemperature, you need 1.2 m³/s (respectively 4200 m³/h) venting.

But one has to concede that the OP requirement is....strange?

Why do you want to illuminate a solar panel with an artificial light source in the first place?

But one has to concede that the OP requirement is....strange?

Why do you want to illuminate a solar panel with an artificial light source in the first place?
To make a solar simulator.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks,
It's found that around 100K lux is required to produce irradiance of 1000W/m^2 as per this link;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lux
hence I wanted to know what lux is required to produce 800W/m^2, 600W/m^2 and so on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back