Status
Not open for further replies.

ksundrik_star

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm new user in Linux at all. Many things I don't understand. Please help me install cadence.
thanks

It is prefer to install it on old distribution like Red Hat Enterprise 2 I think it is hard to install it in a FC6 (I tried before and I failed )

You can see this topic it have a very good and important information for you :

Can i be sure that if i install Red hat enterprise Cadence will work great?

ksundrik_star said:
Can i be sure that if i install Red hat enterprise Cadence will work great?

you will be sure.

I spent about 3 month trying to install cadence in alot of distributions (Suse 10.0, Suse 10.1, Fedora 6 , RHE 5.0 , ..)

I succeed to install it on Suse 10.0 with the instruction of Ahmed_abdulghany post but it was unstable and give some errors. :|

Then I update my system to RHE4 with the same installation I install under Suse 10.0 and it work well and very stable.

Note: I use the same installation by instal it on /usr/local/ and make it a drive alone as in the post and when I install RHE4, I mount /usr/local/ to the old one with tools.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

I advice u to install it on RHE2.1 and then update to RHE4 and it will work very well

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Status
Not open for further replies.