Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how install ic5.0.33 on FC6

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksundrik_star

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm new user in Linux at all. Many things I don't understand. Please help me install cadence.
thanks

It is prefer to install it on old distribution like Red Hat Enterprise 2 I think it is hard to install it in a FC6 (I tried before and I failed )

You can see this topic it have a very good and important information for you :

Can i be sure that if i install Red hat enterprise Cadence will work great?

ksundrik_star said:
Can i be sure that if i install Red hat enterprise Cadence will work great?

you will be sure.

I spent about 3 month trying to install cadence in alot of distributions (Suse 10.0, Suse 10.1, Fedora 6 , RHE 5.0 , ..) :cry:

I succeed to install it on Suse 10.0 with the instruction of Ahmed_abdulghany post :D but it was unstable and give some errors. :|

Then I update my system to RHE4 with the same installation I install under Suse 10.0 and it work well and very stable. :D

Note: I use the same installation by instal it on /usr/local/ and make it a drive alone as in the post and when I install RHE4, I mount /usr/local/ to the old one with tools.

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

I advice u to install it on RHE2.1 and then update to RHE4 and it will work very well

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Status
Not open for further replies.