Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how i zero is produces in linear regulators

Status
Not open for further replies.

manissri

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how the zero gererated in the linear regulator if we put a laod capacitor and the esr of that capacitor make a zero in linear regulators.
please calrify this

manissri said:
how the zero gererated in the linear regulator if we put a laod capacitor and the esr of that capacitor make a zero in linear regulators.
please calrify this

I guess you already answer what you questioned.

i want to know the physical reason for generation of that zero ..
i leaarned that when two signal from two differnt path meet on a commom point then a zero produce.
so like wise how this zero is being produce.
regards

manissri said:
i leaarned that when two signal from two differnt path meet on a commom point then a zero produce.
regards

You are a bit confused about differences between AC and DC impedances. The "zero" you are talking about is an AC impedance over an existent DC potential. And the low ESR capacitor acts as a short circuit for the AC spikes and
as an open switch for the DC.

manissri said:
regards

To me, pole and zero are very difficult to understand with a so called "physical reason". May be up to now, I still cannot understand how a pair of complex poles is generated :p

Back to your question, you can consider a pure capacitor gives you a decreasing impedacne as frequency is increased. When there is a ESR, up to certain frequency, the capacitor impedance is much much much smaller than the ESR. What you "look at " the capacitor is resistance rather than the impedacne. The phase lag occured before will no longer be observed and the impedance of the "whole capacitor, including the ESR" will no longer decrease with increased frequency. Gather all this info. into a obde plot, you do observe a zero :)

Hope it helps
Scottie

hi ,
tell me what is that esr?

concept of ploes an dzeros are used in that circuit ,tel me what application u r making u of it ?

let me now more details i cal help u in theoritical and practically .

the ploes ans zeros are nothing but ur resistors an capacitors ,that must be designed ,ex : bode plot .

get me mor4e details i will help u8 .

thank u
kanti rao .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back