Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how gsm modem send data on static ip send detail procedure p

Status
Not open for further replies.
send data to ip using gsm

When GSM modems connect via GPRS to the internet, they get a local IP from the telco. They can then communicate with any real world IP, static or dynamic. Tell me exactly what do you want to do.

Re: how gsm modem send data on static ip send detail procedu

Techie,

I am trying to figure out similar process. I am trying to see how possible to use a gsm modem for microsoft RAS server to allow connection from another gsm modem dial-up caller. Any ideas. Please contact me at my address bobjoe2000(at)hotmail(dot)com. Thanks.

BobJoe said:
Techie,

I am trying to figure out similar process. I am trying to see how possible to use a gsm modem for microsoft RAS server to allow connection from another gsm modem dial-up caller.
First, your subscriber account must be configured to have a fixed IP address. You need to contact your service provider to find out if this feature is available and the cost.

Second, you need to set your GSM modem into Server mode - refer to the modems documentation for details.

Hi,

If I have a static IP SIM card.Is it possible to develop a embedded server on a 16 bit Microcontroller and GPRS modem?
Do I require a OS on MicroController?

Think of implementing it using internet. might be a bit complex but you can do it on 8051 using wiznet IC, serial to LAN conveter also

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

Hi,

If I have a static IP SIM card.Is it possible to develop a embedded server on a 16 bit Microcontroller and GPRS modem?
Do I require a OS on MicroController?

Yes it is possible to implement webserver with your requirement and static IP SIM. you can also do it on 8051 to make it simple

Thank you so much Mr.ckshivaram.

Can you pls tell me suitable modem ? I was thinking to use SIM900B.

Do you have any reference how we should make a embedded server on 8051?

Thank you once again !

Sir,
I have interfaced GSM modem to my atmega 16. But I don't know how to connect to a Remote server. Can you help me out. Not with the programming stuff, but the initialization stuff like getting an IP and all that.
Thanking you

Hi,

I am trying hard to get Static IP Sims in India.I have contacted almost all.
Does any one knows any service provider giving this facility?

you have BSNL 3G ststic IP SIM, tatadocomo and vodafone........ you need to contact the BSNL telephone exchange and these information are not provided by those non technical call center guys.

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

dont go for tata docomo as their service is not up to the mark and their signal coverage is not too good as airtel , BSNL

Hi,

thanks.

I have been visiting BSNL and others,as you said the local people at the front desk have no idea about this.

Do you have any particular contact details ?

I am really worried as I have planned my project on Static IP and except some UK people no one has offered any SIM card.

If you can help me it will be wonderful !

One thing i know is .. it is given for business people basically... i really dont know how easily it is accessible to just one or two connections.. As they are now launched for corporate connections ... i will find out and let you know tomorrow....

Hi,

I am facing the same problem.
Is this issue solved.
In India which Sim CARD provider will give us GSM Sim card with Public IP address (May not be static).

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.