Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how does microcontroller work with assembler ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vead

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am confused actually I don’t know how hardware of microcontroller work with assembly instruction .
I know assembler convert assembly code into machine code. But I want to know internal process of hardware when assembler work . I know this is large bunch of electronics I tried google but I did not found exact answer this question is irritated me can someone able to explain with basic example it will be great help for me ........

The assembler generated codes IS the machine code.
However, deeper inside the typical processor is a further layer of digital hardware, which translates this code into a further sequence of micro-codes, and it is the microcode which actually trigger all the signals required to actually do the job which that assembler code requires.

For example : an assembly code might be a simple MOV A, B
But the actual signals which cause the data from the addressed 'B' latch to appear on the internal bus, and then get clocked into the addressed 'A' latch are all generated using microcode.

nevermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.