Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does LM567 work without capacitor at pin1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tijoseymathew

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi

I designed this circuit for obstacle detection. The ir led is switched at 4kHz by the PIC . this is detected by the photodiode and KX567 to cancle out interference. As you would have seen i have left out the capacitor at pin 1 of the ic. Still the circuit is working. but the datasheet recommends a greater thatn 1uf cap on pin 1. when i use the cap i get a continous high signal onthe output.

what could be the reason ?

will the circuit be stable at all conditions???

lm567 output

I think capacitor at pin 1 can't be related to sensitivity or PLL lock behaviour, cause it's output filter (delay function) only.
I append a reprocessed copy of your circuit. I recommend Irfanview for producing readable and compact pictures for the forum.

97_1203423345.gif

working of lm567

Hi,
That is the way the IC is supposed to function, that is when an in band frequency is detected, it will give a High level, otherwise a Zero. If you want to send data, one method is to key in the transmitter (On/OFF) with the data bits and you will receive corresponding pulses at the receiver. You can actually gate the transmit frequency and data bits through an AND gate and give it to the IR transmitter.
Regards,
Laktronics

ir led circuit using lm567

thanks but that doesnt explain how the ic works without a cpacitor at pin 1.

lm567+projects

Hi,
Please explain what you mean by IC working with out the capacitor, what kind of output you are getting?
Regards,
Laktronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back