Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how do i program onboard flash using jtag??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I assume you have sufficient processor memory to store the entire code (if not you need to redo the programming).
Write a flash programming code and load it using JTAG!!!
brmadhukar

Hi, Analog_IC
would you like to tell me what processor (or dsp) be used?

i can give you an example, i hope it is useful for your work.

i use ARM(Samsung S3c4510) as my processor, Hy29lv16 as my flash Rom. There is an PC software named Flashpgm.exe to communication with ARM' Jtag's module by Print Port. I have read the source code of the Flashpgm.exe and check the circuit of Jtag's cable. I find it is full complied to IEEE 1149 standard.
there is a module named Jtag module can fully control the input/ouput of the pins in jtag mode. when your upper layer program communication with proccessor's jatg module, it can generation the action of write/erase flash.

iamyuanyq,

Could you post flashpmg.exe source

thanks

iamyuanyq said:
Hi, Analog_IC
would you like to tell me what processor (or dsp) be used?

i can give you an example, i hope it is useful for your work.

i use ARM(Samsung S3c4510) as my processor, Hy29lv16 as my flash Rom. There is an PC software named Flashpgm.exe to communication with ARM' Jtag's module by Print Port. I have read the source code of the Flashpgm.exe and check the circuit of Jtag's cable. I find it is full complied to IEEE 1149 standard.
there is a module named Jtag module can fully control the input/ouput of the pins in jtag mode. when your upper layer program communication with proccessor's jatg module, it can generation the action of write/erase flash.

hi iamyuanqy

can you post source code of flashpgm.exe

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back