Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I copy a solid to be an independent object in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaCot

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The problemo is the following:
I make a copy of a solid
I change,fot instance,the lenght of a copied solid
The length of the original object changes too.
and vise versa.
How can I make it an independent transformable object?
Thanx.
I\m using Microwave studio.

you can't because it's base on parametric structure so when you copy the solid you copy the same parameters of the old one.

pl

Take for example a simple structure, say a brick (you can do it for any object) - on the object that you have copied you can use >object >slice (where you want to vary the parameter) >loft (the surfaces that you have just slice). A new object will be created where you can vary the length Then nothing in the original solid will be changed.

Hope this helps.

Element7k

JaCot said:
The problemo is the following:
I make a copy of a solid
I change,fot instance,the lenght of a copied solid
The length of the original object changes too.
and vise versa.
How can I make it an independent transformable object?
Thanx.
I\m using Microwave studio.

Yeah,that helps,but only if the model has straight angles. (you slice using UV plane)
If I have an object,say, formed like a banana and need to refine the nose part, I suppose the method described is not feasible.
Thanx anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back