Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How could I start learning DSP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammulak

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dsp by palan

Hi,
I have My Masters in Electronics Product Design. I have experience on 8/16 and 32 bit microcontrollers with and with out embedded OS. I worked extensively on
assembly,C and Linux. But I never studied DSP and get chance to work on it.
I am very much intrested to Work on DSP. for Audio and Video compression.
Please let me know how to start learning DSP. Give me some roadmap to get into
DSP.
Thanks in advance...

dsp how to

There is planty of books/aticles on DSP in this forum ..
A quick Search returns, for example, this:

Regards,
IanP

mitra oppenheim

First u start with knowing the basic of MATLAB .
Then refer a following book

DSP - N. G . Palan Techmax publication
DSP using MATLAB - S K Mitra avilable in EDA board in book upload/download section
Image processing in MATLAB - PHI pub

signal processing first rapidshare.com

Friend, a good but simple web site to start

www.dspguru.com

and I suggest Signal Processing First, the book came with many examples in MATLAB. Anyway, if you program in MATLAB than the signal processing toolbox has many examples for you to try.

advanced digital signal processing +palan

Hi,

From your question it seems that you are probably interested in Digital Signal Processors rather than Digital Signal Processing, or maybe you're a bit confused....

Anyways.... Digital Signal Processing would require you to delve back into your B.E. level mathematics and SIGNAL & SYSTEMS course. You need to have a solid understanding of the fundamentals (z-transform, DFT, FFT, IIR, FIR filters etc). At the same time you'll be practicing these concepts on MATLAB or some similar tools.
The BEST DSP books are the one by PROAKIS (Digital Signal Processing) and the one by OPPENHEIM (Signals & Systems).
But these are pretty thick books and take too much time on the basics. So my advice would be to go for SIGNAL & SYSTEMS MADE RIDICULOUSLY SIMPLE by Zoher Z. Karu (ZiZi Press, Cambrige, MA) It's a very small book (total pages =125) but it has all the topics (derivations of formulae are not given) you need to cover.

Digital Signal Processors are specialized processors designed to perform the usual DS-processing tasks faster than they would do on a general purpose microprocessor (at a much cheaper price 2-3$/chip). But, you probably won't find them useful for purposes other the Digital Signal Processing... so you need to study Processing first!

hope this is of some use!

techmax publication ds program

hello,
wellif u wanna start DSP u must have somebackground about Signals and Systems and for simulation Matlab is necesaary.
So i recommend u to first study "Signals and Systems by Oppenheim and Wilsly"
Then the book "Discrete time signal processing by Oppenhiem and Wilsky" is also a good book for a beginer.
DSp with MATLAb by Mitra is also a good book. it would give u insight on the implementation in MATLAb along with basic concepts.
hope this helps

signal processing first rapidshare

hi
a good DSP tutorial is provided.

link:

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/3033376/concise_dsp_tutorial.rar.html

digital signal processing+palan

First u should have solid foundation in Signals and systems.then u read some standard texts like S.K.Mitra, Oppenheim and Schaffer.

Can some one help me ......????

Hey guys ,
i am having a project on DSP Kit ... the project is about encrpting the speech signal using AES-128. i have written the AES code in C++... but now i have problems to run the same code over DSP kit.... is there any way out?????
or some body help me to get the DSP Kit applicable code of AES-128 for speech encryption

plzzz mail me if you have any idea or material abt it @

mirza_ahsan48@yahoo.com
thanks

Re: DSP How to start . . .

Hello Mirza_bhai,

Can you elaborate your project , also what DSP kit you are using Altera or spartan series or some other? also are you looking a vhdl code or any hdl.

DSP How to start . . .

Have you gone through signals & systems?

DSP How to start . . .

go through understanding DSP by R G Lyons

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back