Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can we link OFDM to smart antennas and is the MIMO a kind of smart antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kci2d

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HELLO ALL

we've sumitted our proposal for final year project and the topic of it is "smart antennas"

what i want to know is that what is an interesting topic that can be researched in the domain of smart antennas.. for example i was browsing through the web and found that neighbourhood discovery system is one of the areas in which research can be done ..
so i need a direction ..a topic ..to research on... which is interesting as well as good eough to be done as a final year project... like maybe a question as a topic..in which we have to research and give answer.

secondly .how can we link OFDM to smart antennas..and is MIMO a kind of smart antenna?

thank you so much for your co operation.

SMART ANTENNAS

Hi,
first of all Smart antenna is good topic to do research no doubt about it but there is one aspect I feel always missing to the topic and it is practical implementation.If you are really interested in doing research & simulation but not practical implementation then go for it. It has large number of issues till date unsolved.
Second thing is that there is a difference in MIMO and Smart Antennas but it is better you look into IEEE A&P as well as IEEE ComSoc Digital library for some old reference papers on both of these topics.Some of the topic I find interesting are Selection of antenna in MIMOs or spectral efficiency related algorithms or ANN for Digital beamforming.
Go and search IEEE data base in above mentioned sites.
Good Luck !!

SMART ANTENNAS

I think u can further use the smart antenna for RFID application or body mounted antenna or fixed as well as broadband wireless access.
U can see one book : "OFDM towards fixed and mobile broad band wireless access"by Uma S.Jha,Ramjee Prasad by Artech house publication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back