Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can we decide the gap / separation among split plane ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

antarveena1982

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Spacing split plane

Hi All

I have question that how can we decide the gap / separation among split plane ?

regards
Antarveena

Spacing split plane

Spacing between Planes is decided on the basis of Voltages they are supposed to carry.
In High Speed boards I generally define spacing of 1mm or 40 mil. In some cases 20 mil is also used.

Re: how can we decide the gap / separation among split plane

hi Ricky

Thanks 4 your reply but the thing is not tabulated , i mean that if we have "x volts " we need "y mm" separation, if any body have such table kindly provide it

regards
Anatarvena

Nobody in this forum is able to provide tabulated form of spacing between the power plane !!!! .All are using thumb of rule"""of 40mill and 20 mill spacing.

Actually the separation between to voltages is defiened according to their workin e.g. A Potential Difference in primary will have different spacing requirement than one in secondary.
So to get the exact value I think you shoul ask your Safety engineer other wise you follow rule of thumb values which you can get on searching through Internet.

Hope it helps you

I believe you are looking for creepage values.
(how much Gap do I need between two different voltages)

Go To:
http://www.creepage.com/

At site above scroll down to the following calculator:

Creepage, Table 2L and 2N (coated board) of IEC 60950

Eda

The gap can be small (down to 10 mils or so) if you are splitting the plane for EMI purposes, or if split planes have low supply voltages (e.g. +3.3V and +12V).

edaedaeda said:
I believe you are looking for creepage values (how much Gap do I need between two different voltages)

... of IEC 60950
For clearance and creepage check with all standards that you need to comply with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back