Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can i use Data Acquisition Card in Matlab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amin82b

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Data Acquistion

i need to know how can i use "Data Acquisition Card" in matlab or any visual programming,i will thank anyone who can help me to do my project

Re: Data Acquistion

In Matlab is a toolbox which does exactly what you need. It is called the data aquisition toolbox.
About to do this is visual programming. the card has to have dlls which you can use.
I sugest check the card's CD.

i have the same problem. I can't interface with parallel port

I think you should change the horses and switch from Metlab to LabView.
LabView7 will easily handle your problems.
Just make sure the Data Acquisition Card you select hase drivers for LabView.
If you register with National Instruments they have product evaluation policy and you should be allegeable for free evaluation package.

Data Acquistion

if you don't have programming skills then labview is the right package for you, but before buying a card you should make sure(by reading the manual!) that it can be interfaced with labview. labview also can use parallel port. it has a very good tutorial for non programmers.

Data Acquistion

Hello,
I want to build 8 channel Data Acquistion Project for usb or rs232 port. (may use with rs232 to USB converter).

I want to use only 1 mcu for ADC and usart.Analog inputs only about 5kHz band width. which mcu do you suggest? And do you know any open source project?

Data Acquistion

there are AVR and 51 family of mcus with built-in usb and 10 bit 8 channel ADC. you mean every channel has about 5KHz bandwidth?if that's so and you want to reproduce the wave form on the computer, rs-232 is not a good choice. anyway I would usb. the actual version of mcu deponds on other factors. how big your program is, how much ram do you need, does mcu have other jobs, what other peripherals you need...

Data Acquistion

I know rs232 is not good. I think usb programming will be difficult. and made simple calculating. if 8 bit 11k sampling used,

11k x 8bit x 8 =704kbaud enough? The serial to usb port converter's baudrate seems over 704k. is it wrong?

Data Acquistion

the most difficult part of usb is driver development. does your serial->USB have pre-written driver or you plan to develop one yourself ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back