Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I simulate the helical Antenna in CST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

si thu

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My final project is about the design of the helical antenna. 2.45GHz, and to search the Wifi.
I have designed the helix and reflector but I am in trouble to simulate.
Is there anyone know how to simulate the helical antenna in cst?
Thanks a lot

Examples -> MWS -> Integral Equation -> Helix -> Helix_I_Wire.cst
Unfortunately, this is second-hand information. The example path was only mentioned in a meeting.

DSCN0005.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

As I understand it, you put a port over the end of the coaxial input, exactly as in the tutorial examples for coaxial stuff.

I should mention that the one in the picture was used to feed a dish reflector, which reverses the expected sense of the helix rotation. LHCP becomes RHCP after a reflection.

Last edited:

Thanks for your suggestion
I used CST Microwave software to design the Helical Antenna. I made the coaxial at the end of helix but it can't simulate. it show " Domain calculation is completely filled with PEC please check background material and layer properties". I have changed the background material but it is not working as well. Do you have any idea about this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back