Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I simulate a differential SC CMFB circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsheng

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Someone here metioned how to simulate a differential OTA. But SC CMFB is ready in transition analysis. How can I simulate its AC characterstics?
Thanks.

I would suggest you to stimulate a step-response. It's a fast and good verification. Look for "Characterizing Differential Amplifiers for Communications Circuits", a Cadence tutorial from David. This one is fantastic. I have uploaded it many times, therefore please search in the forums. Also look for the Kundert book (Designer's guide to Spice and Spectre).

Reactions: dou124

dou124

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Normal AC analysis cannot simulate the differential opamp with SC-CMFB. Try the PSS and PAC analysis (also detailed in Kundert's papers) from Spectre. Or you must put other continuous-time or ideal CMFB if you using normal AC analysis.

how can we calculate gain and phase margin

I think the way of simulation for ac and tran should do the same time.
the simulation is like doing in the SC circuit.

The spectre RF can do the kind of simualtion. you can refer to the user guide of specture RF.

but no detail info to refer to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back