Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can i send "ok"to my Vb at comm 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ooicheesan

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
c18 putrsusart

The problems now is that i cant really send the return 'ok' to my VB at comm 1 as an acknowledgement that the data sent from Vb has been recieved,so with this command
putrsUSART((rom char*)"ok"); or, putrsUSART((rom char *)"ok\r");
The output of my board become ok[00] and not only ok...so it cant be read by my Vb to restart counter...hope you can help...is there any other comand to allow my PICDEM 2 PLUS board to send out 'ok' to my Vb at comm 1...hear from you soon...

data van comm1

In MPLAB C-18, putsUSART() and putrsUSART() functions send strings including the null character.

Write your own function based on putc()

is there a send in vb

Hello...there thanks for your reply..then the putrsUSART(),all will return null character right then how am i going to write the putc() by my own?is it by adding it the command like putc("ok") only?i tried doing that but it cant work,because now i am writting the c code in the MPLAB ICD 2 to be program into my board so there is error compiling that was
Error - could not find definition of symbol 'putc' in file 'C:\mcc18\Myproj\Code.o'.
So..that means i cant use that putc() in my code because the files dont have the definition there right?hope to hear from you...how am i going to do it...

putc c18

ooicheesan said:
?is it by adding it the command like putc("ok") only?

putc() is only for character type arguments...you can't use "ok" as a parameter of putc().

Write a new function to send strings, lets say sendstring(), calling putc() function to send the string, character by character.

putrsusart null

Just let you all know that i can get it all going already the LCD part also work properly..then now is time to thanks for all that helps...good day and happy always.. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back