Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I resolve the IFT issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chirag2239

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have attached a circuit here. Please check and let me know, how I can use IFT? I mean I have connected IFT as per the circuit.

While driving the Ultrasonic sensor through transistor by providing PWM pulses of 40kHz, I should get the voltage at output of IFT. I have checked its resistance at both the end. Lower resistance would be secondary and higher resistance would be primary as this is a kind of step up transformer. This is necessary because US transceiver works on 150Vpp 40kHz frequency.

First I was having problem with transistor that was not getting switched properly. It was giving just 0.8V between collector and emitter. After changing, I am receiving 5V between collector and emitter. But still not sure it is working or not as I have applied 12V to IFT.

Can anyone help me to resolve this issue of not getting the output voltage of 150Vpp? How can I use this? Am I right in selecting the primary and secondary windings? How can I drive the Ultrasonic sensor? The main problem is that I am not getting any voltage on Transmitter pin of Ultrasonic Transceiver.

Looking for help.

Thanks.
Chirag

Attachments

• 14C01 sample circuit.png
    14C01 sample circuit.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 137

Status
Not open for further replies.