Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can i make the 555 timer IC work as a PLL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aya2002

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
555 as a PLL

Hi friends,

how can i make the 555 timer IC work as a PLL, do somebody have a circuit diagram for this job?

Thanks

555 as a PLL

You would use at first the 555 in an astable configuration, that allows some frequency modulation.
At second, you need a phase detector and a loop filter.

But CD4046 is a really versatile PLL, why to use a rather unsuited 555 with a lot of additional components?

Aya2002

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
555 as a PLL

i want to make it as an experiment for the students in the lab

Re: 555 as a PLL

You can use the 555 as an astable with voltage control on pin 5. This pin can be controlled from a sample/hold circuit with some reference frequency as input and 555 output as the SH control signal. The 555 output can then be controlled to be a sub multiple frequency of the reference input.

Re: 555 as a PLL

Aya2002 said:
Hi friends,

how can i make the 555 timer IC work as a PLL, do somebody have a circuit diagram for this job?

Thanks

Take a look at https://www.circuitstoday.com/2009/09/20
There is a circuit for PLL Application – Frequency Demodulation
I hope it is helpful
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back