Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can i make a PCB at home ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
diy pcb sodium hydroxide

you can also use glossy magazine papers. the papers which are glossy and smooth and printed in colour. try with different types of paper at first on a piece of board first. however do not use the magazine covers. and also set the iron temp at high no steam.

________
Arup

how make simple pcb at home

FoxyRick said:
Hello Ahmad,

It doesn't look like anyone has mentioned this yet:

If you want to use 'normal' printer paper, use paper designed for inkjets, not lasers. Laser paper is just paper, but good-quality inkjet paper has a clay coating on one side. This is what makes it easy to transfer the toner to the copper - the clay easily detaches from the wet paper where the toner is stuck to the copper.

The paper is normally sold as 'graphics' quality. It's not very expensive; I'm not talking about photo-quality paper. Just check that it has the clay coating and make sure to print on the correct, clay, side.

I don't use this method myself as I do transparencies, but this is what I have read. The glossy method may be as good.

FoxyRick.

Hello Fox,
How do you make it with transparencies?

Best Regards,
Ahmad,

pcb transparency prepare copper

Hello Ahmad,

The basic transparency method needs ultraviolet light (UV-B), PCB's that are coated with a UV sensitive layer, and an extra chemical step to develop the board like you would a photograph before etching. It's more costly to set up, but you can get finer traces and spacing, and can re-use the artwork to make more PCB's.

The UV light weakens the sensitive coating where it hits it, then the developer dissolves the weakened coating to leave the bare copper. Areas of coating that are screened by your artwork will not be removed - this is your etch-resist.

For the artwork, I've used heavy tracing (translucent) paper, expensive drafting film and cheap overhead-projector film (it must be designed for a laser or it will melt in the fuser!). All perform about as well as each other.

The artwork must be printed so that the printed (toner) side goes against the PCB, otherwise the UV light can get underneath. You might have to mirror the image before printing so it is right on the PCB. If doing a double sided board, I use old PCB offcuts around three sides of the perimeter of where the PCB will go on the film. Then I carefully align the two layers (top and bottom of the offcuts) and fix them in place with tape at the edges. This makes a 'pocket' that the cut-to-size board can slot into.

My UV unit is home made. It is simply two wooden boxes, with UV bulbs and acrylic 'glass'. See this thread for details:

You might also find this one useful:

The artwork/PCB package is placed between the two light sides and exposed for 10 minutes. Then it is developed in developing fluid for about 30 seconds, then rinsed. After this it can be etched in your choice of etchant.

I'm not sure if this method is useful to you, it depends if you can get hold of the bulbs, presensitized board and developer. Usually, the boards can be developed with sodium hydroxide and you might be able to get photosensitizing spray but I don't like it.

Overall, it is generally a better method than toner transfer and gives more consistent results.

FoxyRick.

Added after 50 minutes:

You might be interested in this website - it was mentioned in this month's Elektor (I was just reading it)...

**broken link removed**

FoxyRick.

pcb toner transfer regular a4

IanP said:
For small quantity or prototyping maybe you can try: "Printed Circuit Board Milling using Computer Numerical Control"
More details here:
h**p://www.lce.org/cnc/
h**p://www.satcam.com.au/

Regards,
IanP

wow, i really like satcam's website. is that the right price for the XY milling machine? $220? that's a steal!

here is another webiste that has a DIY PCB milling/drilling machine
https://cq.cx/pcb-router.pl

Please message me if you know of any other projects where one build the machine (or purchase) to mill the boards. i don't like using chemicals...

Mr.Cool

how multilayer pcb work made home

we can make a pcp layout at home more easily but thank u 4 ur idea

home made pcb permanent marker

I have tried the Laser printer method using inkjet photo paper and ironing.
Results is good and with experience and proper technique it might be possible to produced very good pcb.

Take a look at the pcb I made using the above method.

stone polisher 12v car battery

dindeds said:
I have tried the Laser printer method using inkjet photo paper and ironing.
Results is good and with experience and proper technique it might be possible to produced very good pcb.

Take a look at the pcb I made using the above method.

did u use such InkJet paper with Laser printer ??? !!!!!!!!

+pcb +laminate +home +uv +toner +transfer +vs

AA Ahmed
Kindly check this link
**broken link removed**

Haytham

pcb milling cost per sq. inch

Yep, don't worry it won't damage your laser printer although the Laser printer manual do not encourage you to use it!
The method been used quite sometime by many people who want to make some qty of pcb with reasonable quality.

cost to make a pcb

I am interested in knowing how to make laser transfer using normal paper !!

Is this a hoax or did someone actually do this ??

pulsar pcb laminat

i'm looking for an economical way to build my own router table that can do 5mil trace width and 0.25mil resolution.

i know, am asking for the world :)

if you happen to find something that looks like it could be done for under $500 in parts please post!

Mr.Cool

pcb+overheadprojector sheets

hello for all forum,the best form to make pcb is see this video tutorial of my friend nocturno.

**broken link removed**

is a great tutorial,and your web is very very good.

sorry for my ugly english,

how to make pcb artwork

esdrufao, thanks for the post. looks like your friend has very good success. it would be benificial if you could list all equipment used and where to find it online and limits of the results (like how thin can traces be, or how small of an IC package can be supported this way). obviously a step by step more detailed english version would be fantastic.

anyway, thanks for the effort. you have given me hope that manual/chemical method of PCB making is practical.

Mr.Cool

how to make a pcb with iron transparent paper

Mr.Cool said:
i'm looking for an economical way to build my own router table that can do 5mil trace width and 0.25mil resolution.

i know, am asking for the world :)

if you happen to find something that looks like it could be done for under $500 in parts please post!

Mr.Cool

Hi!!

I can be so happy with 10mils (I think so)...

pcb etchant singapore

good idea. i use dryflim, but not easy.

positive coast pcb developing

Mr.Cool,
You can DIY a CNC router table for under $500 see this link (you hv to pay $20 to download the plans).
https://www.stonehook.net

dryflim photoresist

Hi, to all, using glossy paper and laser printer is a very good and useful idea, I had made it this way too and have a great result. but if you do not want to use the glossy paper, just print your circuit on a A4 plain paper, as long as u use the laser printer, print it using higher dpi, iron it on the copper by tunning to the cotton heat level.sink it with the cool water and rub it with eraser to peel off hte paper. when u want to sink into the acid, add it with the boiled water and gently shake to produce the wave. using hot water with acid can protect ur track because heated acid is more sensitive with the metal we want to remove and it is not interested with the track printed.

pcb translucent paper

Although the link was already posted, I use the version by Tom Gootee

h**p://www.fullnet.com/u/tomg/gooteepc.htm

The biggest tip I can give you is to use photo ink jet paper - I bought Staples ‘photo basic gloss’ paper item# 471861 - it seems odd but you put the ink jet printer through a laser printer. Clean the copper and then iron on it for 3 full minutes with the iron on full moving the iron around and pressing very hard. Then soak in hot water to get the paper to give up which it does in layers; use an old toothbrush to get the final bits out of the valleys between the tracks.

I use the free version of Eagle CAD. You can make PCBs with tracks as narrow as 0.1 inch, see the example shown as a board that has narrow tracks, those are regular 0.1 DIP pins you can see in green, the red are the links, you have to get used to working Eagle CAD but it's worth it in the long run.

52_1169425518.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back