Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I generate ICT file for Cadence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahdad

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I need to create power grid library (Technology node: 130nm-90nm) for rail analysis. I found that I must first generate QRC extraction file (.tch) for this purpose, and before that I must create an ICT file. ICT file is a textual process-description file and can be generated by any text editor. However, ICT file must be filled with some process information which I do not know how I can obtain. Can anyone help me.

Thanks

There is a bin to transform the nxtgrd file to it, provide by cadence.
Some foundry provide this icy file was well.

In the worst case, if you cannot find either IRCX, or ICT, or ITF etc.. you must get the the DRM {Design Rule Manual}, and associated linked documents for the specific foundry/process.
Get as much info as possible - on the metal-stack ::
Metals, dielectrics, passivation, substrate, etc.. with details on height, thickness, erosion-data, BIAS, trapezoidal cross-section data, WEE {Wire-Edge-Extension -if any} / rho/sheet-res {may not be static constant, could be a function of 3 different parameters like - spacing, width, density}, TC1, TC2, {width dependency if any}. Min-spacing, min-width of metals are also required for modeling..
For dielectrics, get info on dielectric-coefficients, type=conformal/planar, side-wall, bottom and air-gap etc.[if at all] - you should be able to create an ICT file manually.
Complete details is covered in QRC Techgen Reference Manual.
There are sample ICT files available with latest QRC {PVE 12.1.X} installation..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back