Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I edit a thread title, which I already started?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivlsi

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

How can I edit a thread title, which I already started?

Thank you!

If you press edit there is a title box, it will change the post title but I'm not sure if it changes the thread title in the list too.
I'm not sure if it gets updated after some duration or if it doesn't change at all.

If it doesn't change by that then only moderators can change it.
I often fix titles that have misspelling in them.

Okay, please replace the '[LogicDesign] Sorted MemoriesImplementation' thread title with the '[LogicDesign] Sorted Memories Implementation'.
The thread is located in Forum -> Digital Design and Programming -> ASIC Design Methodologies and Tools (Digital)
Thank you!

how can change the reply to any post that I have posted in response to a thread started by someone else?I want to edit some of my older replies that I had pasted earlier,but I see no such option for my older replies

You can't edit old posts, we has a lot of spammers editing posts to add spam links several days after the posts have been made.
Currently the edit can only be applied for a short duration after posting.

then is it possible to delete some of my old replies in some threads?

In general we don't delete/edit old posts unless there is an important reason that can justify that action

Editing and Deleting Your Posts
The administrators have decided to prevent users from deleting their own posts. In the past, deleting the first post of a thread would delete the entire thread, making it impossible for others to be able to read and learn from the information posted. There is also a limited amount of time in which you are allowed to edit your post, after that the post can’t be edited.
As a rule we do not remove or delete content from our forums so before you post consider this rule. If you don’t want to share a schematic or code then don’t post it but don’t expect to get help and then delete your post, users in the forum spend valuable time in order to reply in your post so this info should remain available for users that may have a similar question in the future.

Dear moderator,due to certain inevitable reasons dictated by my privacy I strongly need to either delete or edit some of my old replies in some threads?Under these conditions how is it possible?Otherwise,it may be difficult for me to be a part of this technical forum.I hope you would help me in this regard!

send me a PM with the reason of edit/deletion and I'll discuss with other moderators and get back to you

Hi moderator,

May I get your help to edit my thread's title which posted not long ago at https://www.edaboard.com/threads/284049/

Please change the title to Possible factors causing wrong amplitude estimation in double integration

Thank you and have a nice day.

Hi.I want to delete some of my posts.is there any way?it is due to copyright.I don't want to exist some of my posts.
how can I remove them?please add this feature to the site!

Last edited:

Refer to the forum rules

Editing and Deleting Your Posts
The administrators have decided to prevent users from deleting their own posts. In the past, deleting the first post of a thread would delete the entire thread, making it impossible for others to be able to read and learn from the information posted. There is also a limited amount of time in which you are allowed to edit your post, after that the post can’t be edited.
As a rule we do not remove or delete content from our forums so before you post consider this rule. If you don’t want to share a schematic or code then don’t post it but don’t expect to get help and then delete your post, users in the forum spend valuable time in order to reply in your post so this info should remain available for users that may have a similar question in the future.

NO!!!
this rule is a violation of copyright and freedom!!!

So do you find it fair to ask a question and make a lot of other users spend their time to reply and then after solving your problem delete everything?
This is not my idea of freedom, any provided info should remain available so that future users with similar questions can have access to it.

When you register to the forum you agree with the forum terms and conditions, among them is

Posts, comments and other content
Visitors may post reviews, comments, and other content: and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of a card or other content. EDABOARD reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content. If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant EDABOARD and its associates a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post: that the content is accurate: that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity: and that you will indemnify EDABOARD has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. EDABOARD takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.

I think it is better to leave this poll!

If you don’t want to share a schematic or code then don’t post it
I would have thought that was obvious, even without reading the rules.

However there's also this:
Visitors may post..., so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties...
If he's violated someone else's copyright, then perhaps the offending material should be deleted by the mods. If that's the case, he needs to clarify what should be deleted, and why.

If he's violated someone else's copyright, then perhaps the offending material should be deleted by the mods. If that's the case, he needs to clarify what should be deleted, and why.

Usually these requests are related to a final paper, users make questions related to the topic they have and then request to delete every post related to it but I agree that the request should be clarified

NO!!!
this rule is a violation of copyright and freedom!!!

So you have been illegally posting copyright information on the forum? From the forum rules:

Do not share or request copyright material
Do not upload, attach, or otherwise post any copyrighted material which you are not free to redistribute (subject to the licensing terms of the specific item). If you have a question about having permission to post or attach a specific item, please ask a moderator. We do not condone nor accept posts pertaining to illegal activities such as hacking, cracking, *****, or spam.
IEEE papers are also copyrighted and as such not allowed unless you have the author permission or are freely available, please read this.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.