Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I design a high current high inductance L

Status
Not open for further replies.

aminshafie

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, I need to design a power inductance which it's inductance is 0.1H and it's current ripples between 400A to 800A,
I don't know how area does it take...Is anyone can help me?

800A?!!!!

I'm not sure what you mean. A coils' inductance is dependent on area, length and number of turns. Increase the area, you can decrease the number of turns, etc. But, you'll need some pretty hefty conductor to handle 800A.

Hi all, I need to design a power inductance which it's inductance is 0.1H and it's current ripples between 400A to 800A,
I don't know how area does it take...Is anyone can help me?
I'd estimate it would need to be at least the size of a large refrigerator, and be water cooled. You should rethink whatever approach you're taking.

800A?!!!!

I'm not sure what you mean. A coils' inductance is dependent on area, length and number of turns. Increase the area, you can decrease the number of turns, etc. But, you'll need some pretty hefty conductor to handle 800A.

you're right but I have not ever designed such bulky inductance and I want to know that in practice how volume does it occupy.

I work out that it will have 12 - 24 KV of ripple across it at 50 HZ. So it will be rated at 4800 - 9600 KVA. That must be a component for a power station ! Make sure you put voltage transient protectors across it so that when you switch of the current, the back EMF does not destroy the insulation.
Frank

I work out that it will have 12 - 24 KV of ripple across it at 50 HZ. So it will be rated at 4800 - 9600 KVA. That must be a component for a power station ! Make sure you put voltage transient protectors across it so that when you switch of the current, the back EMF does not destroy the insulation.
Frank

thanks Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back