Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I convert jpeg to bmp format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_tek7

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I convert Jpeg to bmp format?
what's the principal of this process?

Re: Jpeg To Bmp

a_tek7 said:
How can I convert Jpeg to bmp format?
what's the principal of this process?
just change the file extension

usually images are compressed in JPEG format, i.e. they have less color details when compared to a BMP image..

so even if you convert JPEG to BMP, u mayn't get good quality..

if u just need the format change, changing the file extention is enough..

thanks for your help .Sorry I want to convert bmp to jpeg .some applicactions change the format of specific images.I want to know this process?

i know thses software I wnat to know about process and techniques i don't need to know the name of these softwares

Jpeg To Bmp

Hi,
Open the bmp image in Paint.
Click the menu File/Save As...
Go to the line:
Save as type (in the window Save As.. )
and change the type to JPEG(*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)

Press Save and that is all.

Have you searched the net?

with not much searching i found this page: **broken link removed** which might be useful. All you have to search for is "bmp format" or "jpeg format" and you might get specifications and stuff on these formats.

Hope it's useful. Anyways, you should ask this in the digital signal processing subforum, rather than the basic electronics one...

1st u load the image to matlab.
'imwrite' command to change the format u want.
u can find this in matlab help.

I think he wants to know the actual algorithm of the bit process in converting to a jpeg. I am curious myself about the actual format change as I deal with some raw images myself. Does anyone know what the standard is for converting the bit map into a jpeg. Not a program! But the actual bit manipulation.

Regards

dfullmer

yes.that's right I need actual algorithm of the bit process in converting to a jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back