Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can i change pad size of footprint all at once??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev_shah25988

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am new in the industry and started working in altium few months back but not so much we use PADS .So if in altium i have to change the properties of my PAD of the footprint all at once how can i do that??

Like If i am making QFP 64 or QFP 80 i miscalculated the pad size and now i know the right size and i want to update it all at once how can i do that??

Thanx in advance everybody......

I've never tried to do that so maybe somebody who has done it can chime in, but my reaction is that the easiest thing to do is just make another footprint with the footprint wizard. It will offer to calculate the pad sizes for you, but you can override them if you want.

PART 1 - COMPLAINING ABOUT USELESS REPLIES :evil:

I'm looking all the day for something. Of course I cant find it anywhere. But the most frustrating thing is that in all google searches I'm finding threads from Edaboard. I red entire posts with answers from persons that just wanted to say something. Dont you have moderatos??? Cant you explain to your members that If they dont know an aswer they have to keep their mouth closed? If you want to say something just for fun go to the playground. A forum with no useful answers have no reason to exist. Kevin54 if you have never done that then you dont have to say anything, and let people that have done it to show a solution. Did you get it? I mean all of you that give this kind of silly answers.

PART 2 - ANSWER

Select one of the pads. Right click and select "Find similar objects". A table will appear. Make sure that in the first row, third column the option "Same" is selected and click "OK". Now the "PCBLIB Inspector" will show up. Scroll down until you see X Size (All Layers) and Y Size (All Layers). Put the new values and close the Inspector window. You are done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back