How can I build a tablet with something like allwinner processors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezaeee

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I like to build a tablet using something like allwinner processors! I saw in their website A-64 model can support Android 5.1. So, what's that mean? it means I only should interface the processor with the peripherals that I want(LCD, USB host, Wi-Fi IC, Bluethooth IC, etc) and then looking for my peripherals driver for Android 5.1?

Should I modify the Kernel myself to enable peripherals to working? or I must use the compiled android that the company released and setup drivers upon?

Sorry if my questions are simple, vague or anything. But I LIKE TO LEARN HOW THEY BUILD A TABLET(OR SMARTPHONE, OR SBC COMPUTERS LIKE RASPBERRY).

Ah, the optimism of youth.

Like when I went and bought a microprocessor and support
chips and perfboard and wire wrap tool thinking I would
build myself a computer, in my dorm room. With no test
gear and no plan regarding how I'd even get boot code
into a PROM, or what machine code that might be.

Back in 1979. Still hasn't happened.

Manageable goals.

Thank you dick,
but I dont say i want to build everything from scratch! I only say isn't it possible to build something by seeing open source boards like this: https://wiki.friendlyarm.com/wiki/images/d/d8/NanoPi-M1-1603-Schematic.pdf , and only trying to modify it. adding some other peripherals (wi-f-, bluethooth) or changing the processor (allwinnerH3 by allwinner A64) ?

If not, how many people should work to build something like that board? and how many needs to modify it as I said with which skills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…