Not open for further replies.

Suo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I read an article wich use a patch antenna in the frequency range of 3 to 13GHz, for me i want to modify the dimensions of this patch to work in the frequency range of 30-34GHz, how can calculate the new dimensions of geometry of the proposed antenna?
the image of the antenna is shown below, and thank you in advance.

what did you mean, i don't understand you

Dear Suo,
I believe you forgot to uploaded the figure.
for your question, I would suggest that you calculate the wavelength for the frequency of interest, then adapt the design using the obtained wavelength lambda (you can use lambda or lambda /2 or lambda/4 as you prefer ).
Best regards!

https://www.qsl.net/w4sat/freqscal.htm
Here's an online calculator i found in 2 seconds by searching "frequency scale antenna". The operation you are trying to perform is called frequency scaling. Antennas length is a function of the frequency. double the frequency then antenna is half as big. Original frequency/new frequency = new dimension/original dimension.

Last edited:

Thank you reidintransit, tha's helpful, but for me i work with miniaturized antenna it have the same formula?
the dimensionsof orginal antenna which has as resonant frequency 7.5GHz is shown in the figure below, for me i work in frequency scale between 30-37GHz, tell me what to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…