Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How a subcontractor can obtain a contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecat

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I know that there are groups on the Internet from which you can obtain software projects to do out-site and/or in-site the client's company. I heard you have to pay ~ $30 / month for the access, but if it works and you can obtain contracts, I think it's worthed.

Do you have any idea of such sites for the ASIC industry? I mean, how can a freelancer obtain a job as a subcontractor?

The same question for the software, because I only heard of these groups mentioned above, but I don't have any address.

Do you have such links?
Also any advise is welcomed.

Thanks and regards,
TheCat

I will be suspicious of any site that ask for your money to do a job for them. They should be paying you instead of you paying them?!1 If they just want to know if you are capable, why should they take your money initially???!!! I don't see the logic. Can anyone explain? I have come across some web company that does recuitment over the web. One of them is a book exchange company in the united kingdom. However, if such a site exist, I won't mind some extra job for cash as long as they don't take away my initial 30 dollars. :p

What I heard is that at those kind of sites everyone pays: the employeers and the subcontractors. You pay for putting you in contact with the costumer.
the procedure is more complex: you earn points after every project you fullfill, and at the next project you earn you can ask for more money because people will see you better rated.

Some friend of mine will tell me about one such site, I will let you know.
But if you already know some sites f this kind, please share!

Thanks,
TheCat

TheCat
I am seeing a lot of scams these days. The other day I had a phone call congratulating me that I had won £10000. All I had to do was to give them £15 adminstration fee and they would send me the cheque.
I asked, why don't you just send me £9985?

Let us know when you are out of pocket.

JJ

JJ,

So, you're from the UK?
How's the ASIC bussiness out there? Are you working in the industry?

TheCat

I know nothing about ASIC market. I know most companies want face to face contact ( at least initially ) before giving work to others to do. This does not apply to huge government contracts where they ship whole multi-million contracts to Banglore!

I am in to Bluetooth and real-time software development. Job market is pretty thin. Here you would make more money driving a delivery truck than contracting. This just how the tax people have manipulated the affairs. A sort of tax on enterprise.

JJ

here is one of those sites that doles out contracts. i have never used them, i just found the site.

**broken link removed**

you can find contracts also on city's official municipal web site. look under the tenders and RFP (request for proposal) sections.

anyone else have web sites like this? would be intersting to see how one obtains contracts

Mr.Cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back