Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hot Topic of Analog IC research?

Status
Not open for further replies.
guamak_menanak said:
Since SOC is very important nowadays, I think the implemantation of Active Inductor is a good topic for new project or discussion! Previously, I'm now doing Active L with LNA, and a lot of design motivations are exist and it's quite good! Try to ignore using passive inductor such as spiral or bonding wire as they have smaller&fixed L and Q values!

PM me if anyone would like to know more on my project! A post of discussion is also accpetable! :D

hi guamak_menanak,

active inductors are well-known for their high Q factors but what about the noise peformance of the overall circuit?

low power , high resolution A/D.

I think power management unit (PMU) has a promising future. Maybe one day there will be only two bolcks "CPU" & "PMU" in all systems, all other stuffs are inside these two main blocks.

RFIC,ADC and Power IC are hot enough now.In the future,maybe biomedical is the trade.God knows.

power amplifier is also very important; most of PAs are HBT (CMOS is in active research), and their efficiency cannot be attained higher than 40% at the moment. This is the only one component that still cannot be integrated within a single transceiver module.

Someone can tell the relevant articles materials or website of digital power management??

Thanks in advance
Best regards,jinsin

i think low power is the hottest topic as batterty life is limited and tech. advancement is not so fast in it.
well if u count mixed signal also into analog then it surely is a hot cake!

how about filter ,PLL and RF circuit design?

i think low voltage low power circuit for portable application and RF

low voltage ,low power , below than µm analog design

Some areas are alway hot:

A/D
PLL
RF
LV Bandgap
LVDS
Memory circuit

most replys are the component of RF,not the research hot point,
who has some constructive suggestion

High speed ADC
High speed serial link

High-Speed Mixed-Signal VLSI Circuits
Broadband Wireless Transceivers

along with designs (A&M, RF like A/D, PLL etc) may be improvements and research on tools to make it automated....may be at design or layout level...
sankudey

Status
Not open for further replies.