Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hot Topic of Analog IC research?

Status
Not open for further replies.
high performance low voltage ,low power is the issue of analog IC design,

my dear:

I think the RFID circuits is the hot point in analog circuits design now.

Low power high speed design, RF technology i think have tremendous growth

As many people said: Low power design , Also analog and digital reconfigruabe circuits are becoming more and more famalier.

I believe the basic driver now is wireless integrated products. The need now is rising for a low power reconfigruable "Multi-standard" device.

Basically, I think recent years due to advancement of nanometer technologies,
analog design has been changed from analog alone to mixed mode design. So,
the best analog research should better necessarily benefit from this device shrunk, otherwise, the analog research is not very useful since it cannot come up with the digital pace.
I personally would think those require large digital part in the past and could not have done in the past should benefit the most now. For example, delta sigma type analog design like delta sigma ADC/DAC, frequency synthesizer, and DSP-based or calibration-based analog design since in the past, those requires a lot area and now the area is not a concern, so we should focus how we should make use digital logic to make analog even more precise than in the past, instead of just researching only analog parts without benefiting the present digital advancement

Surely, neural networks are analog ;-)
a.

According me RF-MEMS is becoming hot as with MEMS L & C can be made with high Q and low resistance as well as it can be mounted on the top of the chip which will also solve the problem of off chip components. I have done the project in RF-MEMS and if anyone interested let me know.

Thanks,

In AnalogVLSI , low power design is the key now a days ..Also mixed signal design as u place the digital and analog circuitry on the same chip ..there will be probs like clock transmission, interconnect delay etc....

Is Multi-modes transceivers design with deep-submicron process be the next hot topics?

Data converters and power management

digitally calibrated Nyquist or Oversampling AD/DA design
in high speed,medium resolution, low powr SOC,
DSP processor is usu. free and hence low precision OP + DSP can achive good performance.

Hey

RFIC
Interconnects
Substrate noise
RF circuit design
ADC/ DAC

hi , i think that ADC is very important part of such digital receiver and SDR.

Msy be the interface between Bio and electronics,how to straightly integrate ICs in human's bodies!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.