Status
Not open for further replies.

locchamp

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys I am trying to understand horn antennas, Is there anyplace where I can find examples or worked out horn antenna examples, also like how to calculate radiation patterns and etc. please anyone I am dying here. thanks guys

Hi,

Not sure if this would be useful:

http://www.engr.mun.ca/~bkidney/horn_antenna.pdf#search='horn%20antenna%20lecture%20note'

You can also type "horn antenna" in yahoo or google.

Regards,

Suriati

I just do not get the theory behind it and also how do you plot the field pattern?? no book I have seen shows it and the theory is a little too dificult

locchamp said:
I just do not get the theory behind it and also how do you plot the field pattern?? no book I have seen shows it and the theory is a little too dificult
Horn antenna in general is variation of open waveguide...

So I should go back to waveguide first? Like take an antenna book, before I can move on to horn antennas what should I know first? thanks

hi,

i have attached some horn antenna design fundamentals. i think this will help u.

bye from,

KBMani.

I already have these, thanks though, but this is somehting I need stuff lie kthis that could be more clearer. thanks

poktuyu said:
Hi,

Not sure if this would be useful:

h**p://www.engr.mun.ca/~bkidney/horn_antenna.pdf#search='horn%20antenna%20lecture%20note'

You can also type "horn antenna" in yahoo or google.

Regards,

Suriati
the link is quite right, thanks

Well how do I find the field pattern of the horn antenna? These books do not have any of that? I would liek to plot the field pattern for a few differant examples. thanks

locchamp said:
Well how do I find the field pattern of the horn antenna? These books do not have any of that? I would liek to plot the field pattern for a few differant examples. thanks
It is pretty similar to parabolic dish. With smaller back lobes, as far as I remember...

You mut look to following site :
h**t://www.avaxhome.ru
And now you must "search" to : Electronic , e-book.
Sincerely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…