Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

horn antenna examples please please

Status
Not open for further replies.

locchamp

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys I am trying to understand horn antennas, Is there anyplace where I can find examples or worked out horn antenna examples, also like how to calculate radiation patterns and etc. please anyone I am dying here. thanks guys

Hi,

Not sure if this would be useful:

http://www.engr.mun.ca/~bkidney/horn_antenna.pdf#search='horn%20antenna%20lecture%20note'

You can also type "horn antenna" in yahoo or google.

Regards,

Suriati

I just do not get the theory behind it and also how do you plot the field pattern?? no book I have seen shows it and the theory is a little too dificult

locchamp said:
I just do not get the theory behind it and also how do you plot the field pattern?? no book I have seen shows it and the theory is a little too dificult
Horn antenna in general is variation of open waveguide...

So I should go back to waveguide first? Like take an antenna book, before I can move on to horn antennas what should I know first? thanks

hi,

i have attached some horn antenna design fundamentals. i think this will help u.

bye from,

KBMani.

I already have these, thanks though, but this is somehting I need stuff lie kthis that could be more clearer. thanks

poktuyu said:
Hi,

Not sure if this would be useful:

h**p://www.engr.mun.ca/~bkidney/horn_antenna.pdf#search='horn%20antenna%20lecture%20note'

You can also type "horn antenna" in yahoo or google.

Regards,

Suriati
the link is quite right, thanks

Well how do I find the field pattern of the horn antenna? These books do not have any of that? I would liek to plot the field pattern for a few differant examples. thanks

locchamp said:
Well how do I find the field pattern of the horn antenna? These books do not have any of that? I would liek to plot the field pattern for a few differant examples. thanks
It is pretty similar to parabolic dish. With smaller back lobes, as far as I remember...

You mut look to following site :
h**t://www.avaxhome.ru
And now you must "search" to : Electronic , e-book.
Sincerely

Status
Not open for further replies.