Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Homepage of Internet Browser Cannot be Changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolrox86

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am now using a laptop with Windows 7 left over by a former colleague in my company. The homepage of internet explorer and mozilla firefox browser cannot be changed to my wanted address (eg.: google.com), although I have set it up in the option of the browser. It always shows up some Chinese website, and I think it is a virus.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I appreciate for any help as well as suggestion.

Regards,
Coolrox

Check on Tools menu for installed plugins on add-ons options, if there are someone strange, and just disable it. If you have look, this could suffice.

To andre,

Your method doesn't help. However, I have found out another method to solve my problem, just want to share with others:
1. Go to C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc.
2. Open the document called "hosts" in Notepad.
3. At the last line, enter localhost address, followed by the website address which is chosen to be blocked.
4. Save the document.

For detailed guide please refer to the link at https://www.wikihow.com/Block-a-Website-in-All-Web-Browsers

This is only a temporary solution, the favoured homepage will still not be shown every time a browser is started up.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back