Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hold Current (?) Step Motor Driven by 18f2550 (Stabilization problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayabi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there;

I am currently controlling a ball charger system with a step motor driven by 18f2550. To sum it up, all I need to make is to drive the motor 30 degrees when the next ball is needed to be charged. However; due to the weights of the balls when I make the output 0x00 the motor moves instead of staying still.

How can I make the stepper move just 30 degrees (when I say move 30 degrees) without getting effected by the weight of the balls.

and

How can I be sure that the system wont move (again) due to the weights of the balls when it should be staying still?

My array for a full step is {0xAA,0x99,0x55,0x66} and I make my output 0x00 whenever a 30 degree rotation is completed.

Thank you for your answers;
Cheers...

Status
Not open for further replies.