Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ac current sense in bldc motor phase

mr_smil_sk

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I need to Ac current measure Bldc motor phase and integrate with PID and we are using stm32f103c8t6 Microcontroller.
so how to measure the Ac current accurately for motor phase. help for us.

Hi,

using a shunt, an CT, or a hall sensor...
Depends on what suits you most.

We don´t have the schematic, we don´t have any requirements, nor do we have specifications.

Klaus

Hi,

using a shunt, an CT, or a hall sensor...
Depends on what suits you most.

We don´t have the schematic, we don´t have any requirements, nor do we have specifications.

Klaus
yeah already we using shunt resister use to short to measure or sense the DC current accurately. But we don't have any idea for using shunt to sense the Ac current to motor phase and we don't have any documents Ac current sense base documents. if know Ac current senese based documents please share .

yeah already we using shunt resister use to short to measure or sense the DC current accurately. But we don't have any idea for using shunt to sense the Ac current to motor phase and we don't have any documents Ac current sense base documents. if know Ac current senese based documents please share .
Hi,
Certainly, utilizing shunt resistors to accurately measure or sense DC current is a common practice.

Hi,

A shunt is straight forward.
Install it in series with the load, measure the voltage across the shunt.

Now it depends on "what current" you are interested in:
* instantaneous
* average
* RMS
* any other?

Klaus

Hi,

A shunt is straight forward.
Install it in series with the load, measure the voltage across the shunt.

Now it depends on "what current" you are interested in:
* instantaneous
* average
* RMS
* any other?

Klaus
what are the best method to implement the Ac current sense to use the shunt resister and How many shunt resister to connect the circuit sense the Ac current accurrately.

Hi,

I don´t know what information of the current you are after. (I asked, but got no answers)
I don´t know what "best" for you means. I could be
* Cheapest, smallest in area, lowest noise, highest accuracy, fastest response or any other quality....

So basically I don´t know what answer you need.

Klaus

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: