Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HIGH RESOLUTION COMPARATOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syukri

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have desinged a Two Stage Comparator. I've manage to make it sense the diffrence between 0V and 12mV. So if there is a diffrerence of 12mV the output logic is high.

The problem is that when it works to compare high voltage like 3.27 and 3.3 it cannot give the right output. It means that my comparator cant work for a large signal.

Added after 54 seconds:

I need an opinient or idea to solve it so i can study that method and solve my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Syukri said:
I have desinged a Two Stage Comparator. I've manage to make it sense the diffrence between 0V and 12mV. So if there is a diffrerence of 12mV the output logic is high.

The problem is that when it works to compare high voltage like 3.27 and 3.3 it cannot give the right output. It means that my comparator cant work for a large signal.

Added after 54 seconds:

I need an opinient or idea to solve it so i can study that method and solve my problem.

Thanks in advance.

WHAT SUPPLY RAILS ARE YOU USING ?? 3.3 v N GND ?
IS THE COMPARATOR HAVING HYSTERISIS ?
WHAT IS THE SYSTEMATIC OFFSET ? AND SMALL SIGNAL GAIN ?

The problem seems odd......
With the above informations....if u can give the topology of the comparator..or the schematic with design details...then would be easier to understand the problem....
sankudey

Status
Not open for further replies.