Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High PSRR and low quiescent current bandgap circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxf_86

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In my LDO design I need a high PSRR and low quiescent current bandgap ciruit to make the LDO have a high PSRR. So does anybody have some good papers and technique about this.

You can find Ricon-mora's paper at ee department of georgia institute of technology.

Hi Guys:

Talking about BGR, I need to ask, How significant is the bandwidth of PSSR suppression in designing a BGR?. PSSR is a measure of the circuits ability to suppress common mode supply noise and variation. Since the distortion manifest at low frequency , does a BW of PSSR suppression of 1k or 10k is sufficient, or is there any other logic in selecting it?. Thanks in advance

Rgds

hrkhari said:
Hi Guys:

Talking about BGR, I need to ask, How significant is the bandwidth of PSSR suppression in designing a BGR?. PSSR is a measure of the circuits ability to suppress common mode supply noise and variation. Since the distortion manifest at low frequency , does a BW of PSSR suppression of 1k or 10k is sufficient, or is there any other logic in selecting it?. Thanks in advance

Rgds

It depends on the applications.
In DC-DC converter, you should attain low BW. But in general applications, tens or hundres BW is enough.

Which process did you use? I think if you use CMOS to create your LDO you need a big compensation cap so it is difficult to get a high PSRR.

I don't design LDO. But I think that paper maybe help you.
Khong-Meng Tham and Krishnaswamy Nagaraj "a low supply voltage high PSRR voltage reference in CMOS process" IEEE solid-state circuits, May 1995,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back