Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Power wideband power combiner [hlp]

Status
Not open for further replies.

No one

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Everyone;
I want to know: Is there any high power wideband combiner in the VHF/UHF band? How we can implement it?

No one said:
Hello Everyone;
I want to know: Is there any high power wideband combiner in the VHF/UHF band? How we can implement it?
i think it suitable - radial combiner:

Hello NiGo_bmstu;
Please explain about the figure. Which book is this figure from? What is the frequency band of it? Which MMIC's have been used in it?

You can use coaxial cable combiners.
These ideas exist for more than 20 years although I don´t want to say I´m capable of explaining them all.
Here´s one example that also works for the UHF range if adopted properly:
https://www.freepatentsonline.com/4774481.html
You´ll find many more designs in this very good and complete book about rf amplifiers: https://www.amazon.com/Microwave-Am...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1196109728&sr=8-1

If anybody has ever done power combining with coaxial cables, followed by matching transformer to 50 Ohms I´d be very interested.

Greets
Jens

No one said:
Hello NiGo_bmstu;
Please explain about the figure. Which book is this figure from? What is the frequency band of it? Which MMIC's have been used in it?
it's from article:
A Ka-Band Wideband-Gap Solid-State Power
Amplifier: Architecture
Identification
P. Khan, L. Epp, and A. Silva

No one

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor