Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"High level synthesis" - the beginning and varoius tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

today I was looking for "C to HDL" search term in Wikipedia and found many interesting information. There are many open source languages/tools that enable to generate RTL (HDL) code from imperative languages based on C language(or other languages) - see this link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_to_HDL

Has anybody used tools/languages from list in article above? I know that such software as "Vivado HLS" or "Ouartus" enable generating HDL from C language, but I am also interested in other tools. Could somebody describe his experience with such tools/languages and tell if them are still in use?

Thanks in advance and Regards

Hello,

today I was looking for "C to HDL" search term in Wikipedia and found many interesting information. There are many open source languages/tools that enable to generate RTL (HDL) code from imperative languages based on C language(or other languages) - see this link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_to_HDL

Has anybody used tools/languages from list in article above? I know that such software as "Vivado HLS" or "Ouartus" enable generating HDL from C language, but I am also interested in other tools. Could somebody describe his experience with such tools/languages and tell if them are still in use?

Thanks in advance and Regards

The one I use is Instant SoC. I use it in almost all my projects. I'm using Xilinx Artix and work in Windows (Vivado).
It is very easy to use. Typically I have a couple of these in a project. You need to run it from VSCode which I found to be a very good editor.

I have no experience with the Siemens tool, but I think it was existing even before Xilinx HLS.
If you want to delve into HLS, I would suggest you to use the one which provides you with a complete tool-chain support. Of course the cost is a different factor to be kept in mind.

The one I use is Instant SoC. I use it in almost all my projects. I'm using Xilinx Artix and work in Windows (Vivado).
It is very easy to use. Typically I have a couple of these in a project. You need to run it from VSCode which I found to be a very good editor.
Hello,

I also used InstantSoC in few of my projects - it is realy instnt and clear for me :)

Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back