Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High gain(12dbi) omni antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi_kolkata

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

I am looking for a omni directional antenna with quite high gain of 12 dbi.and there are many of these kind of antennas commercially available.but, i don't know wat kind of config. will give this gain with in say 1.2meter(at 2.4-2.5GHz ISM band) of total antenna height.

if anybody know the answer kindly share ur views on this forum.

with regards
abhi

A back of the envelope look at your antenna dimensions suggests that 12 dBi from 1.2 meters might just be possible but to be sure you probably will need more aperture for some design margin and to account for feed loss.

I would look for a colinear dipole array with uniform weighting for maximum gain. Eight elements would get you in the ballpark. Your elevation sidelobes would be around -13 dB.

be carefull about your vertical pattern. your horizontal pattern will be omni but you will have quite narrow vertical pattern

hi,

is there any printed version that can be used to realize such high gain of 12dbi.
if there r any papers kindly refer me to those.
with regards
abhi

Reactions: saweng

saweng

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
you can get more gain by arraying your antenna or using it as feed of a reflector or using an active network as its front end.

you can use circular patch antenna.this antenna is omni directional and it ie practical .
for more information you can see MICROSTRIP ANTENNA by"BAHL".
in chapter 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back