Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High brightness as well as high contrast preferred for Human visual system :Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

shashipoddar

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there a reference which states that human eyes prefer images with high brightness as well as high contrast. I have many of them stating for high contrast but i am unable to get the authenticity of the information for the brightness case. Can you please send some link or so for the same.

I don't have any references, but I believe the reasons for preferring bright light are that the eye response will be photopic, and the image will be sharper and with more depth of field due to the contracted pupil (like stopping down a camera lens).

Keith

I don't have any references, but I believe the reasons for preferring bright light are that the eye response will be photopic, and the image will be sharper and with more depth of field due to the contracted pupil (like stopping down a camera lens).

Keith

Dear sir,

I would be very happy if you can let me know some book or journal which can endorse the statement above.

Kind regards
Shashi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back