Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hi power dc-ac inverter designe

Status
Not open for further replies.
ac inverter welding reference design

I can tell you that making a DC to AC inverter is easy. briefly challenging if you want to goto 5A or higher. the difficult part is if you want to synchronize the AC to the north american power grid.
inow you need feedback to control these 3 things:

i) voltage magnitude (generally, this is constant)
ii) frequency (if you use the line frequency via a transformer within your modulation technique you won't have to worry about this item either)
iii) phase angle. this can be tricky.

some good examples of high power inverters (10kW+) with schematic and description can be fore here:

h**p://www.nalanda.nitc.ac.in/resources/ee/ebooks/VT.pdf

h**p://www.nalanda.nitc.ac.in/resources/ee/ebooks/florida.pdf

good luck

Mr.Cool

welding inverters - practical schematics

can you tell me the user and password of this site

crystal oscillator+dc-ac inverter

I downloaded both the pdf file and it did not require any user/pass

free dc-ac inverter project site

no login/pass required. its a free download.

for future reference, you can find really great project ideas with full explination/schematic/layout by using keyword search in google such as "undergrad thesis electrical engineering".

Mr.Cool

3kva / 48v inverter circuit diagram

just thought i would give an update to those that are interested...

i finished my inverter, 1KW synchronized to the North American Power Grid. it worked great, phanse angle accurage to less than 0.1 degrees, (full power factor control even!). Less than 5% total harmonic distortion (THD).

richmond74 - in answer to your question regarding output filter design. briefly, it consists of a simple Low Pass Filter (inductor + capacitor combination). what frequency do you set this low pass filter? well, your output AC signal is probably 60Hz. and you want to remove noise (this is a MUST stage in inverter design by the way). what frequency is the noise? you can see this by connecting a DIFFERENTIAL probe to the output of your inverter and selecting Fast Fourier Analysis on your oscilliscope. then you will see what frequency your noise is at. but this is not necessary, as it is simple to find out. your noise is primarily at the same frequency as your inverter switching frequency (typically 20KHz). recall that you AC output frequency is a mere 60Hz. so your Low Pass Filter should be somewhere between 60Hz and 20KHz. what a HUGE range!! thus it is simple to design to. i would recommend setting your LPF cut off frequency as low as possible, but not lower than twice your output frequency, i.e. not lower than 120Hz. the inductor you must calculate and wind yourself. the size depends on your output current. there is lots of material out there on "choke" filter inductors on the web.

how is your project going??

Mr.Cool

dc ac inverter high current schematic

Upol - A UPS is very close in nature to the inverter project described here. once you have the inverter designed and built, i believe it is small step to make it *also* a UPS.

i have not built a UPS, so i am only speculating.

for example, if you have batteries connected to the DC Bus which feeds your inverter, then you have your microcontroller detect when your primary power supply dies. when you detect this, simply start your inverter. the trick is, how fast/smooth can your inverter come online?

keys to remember, your inverter must come online at the same Phase Angle. if your inverter is "synchronized" then this won't be a problem.

Mr.Cool

how to build inverter dc to ac high power

Mr.Cool said:
some good examples of high power inverters (10kW+) with schematic and description can be fore here:

h**p://www.nalanda.nitc.ac.in/resources/ee/ebooks/VT.pdf

h**p://www.nalanda.nitc.ac.in/resources/ee/ebooks/florida.pdf

good luck

Mr.Cool

Can some one upload these files as I can not do so from the nitc.ac.in site

kileen

20khz switching audible noise inverter

i cant find it too

dc-ac inverter output stage

It needs a password, could you provide it to us, It isn't free...

dc/ac converter ic grid tie

by the way, i designed my grid tied inverter with ZERO power transformers. the only transformers i used were in the gate drivers. each gate driver (one per inverter leg) had its own seperately grounded, floating ground, high frequency transformer. very small device, maybe size of a nickel.

you need floating ground to switch high side switches. the low side switches don't need floating ground, but if you already use floating for high side.. might as well keep design consistant.

opto couplers created voltage isolation.

Mr.Cool

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
dc-ac inverter square wave

the 10kW inverter links above are no longer available to public. so i repost them here:

h**p://w*w.elektroda.pl/eboard/viewtopic.php?t=55771

Mr.Cool

dc to ac converter explanation schematic

hi I want to build(make) smp inverter dc12v to ac 220v 500w(output must 50hz)

but Need sample schematic

can you help me please?

dc ac inverter design pdf

Hi

Not as advanced and powerful as MrCools but in the February issue of elektor is a design. It is only 200W and not stabilized but really small and simple if this atracts someone. The design can be increased in power so perhaps ther are something useful. PM me if you need more info and I try find the article.

full bridge inverter output choke filter

Nobody have been kind enough to post a finished working schematics on these forum.

Of course, we have alot of schematics on this forum, but I haven not been successful in downloading a good schematics.

How do I get enough points to download pls.

soundbag 8O

dc-ac swith power inverter shematic

About : h**p://www.audioo.com
That inverter (3000W) is ripped from a German guys site!!

igbt inverter capacitor bank

files reposted to:

Regards,
Mr.Cool

smp igbt schematic

thank you.

hf link ac converter

mbyka said:
hi I want to build(make) smp inverter dc12v to ac 220v 500w(output must 50hz)

but Need sample schematic

can you help me please?

Can some one please direct me to links for this DC up converter or get me some schematics .

I would appreciate any kind of support.
thanks

dc/ac power converter schematic

hi can anyone help me in designing the hardware of the inverter(capacitor bank and ac filter and igbt driver)
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back