Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hi,I have a problem about how to use a model include subcirc

Status
Not open for further replies.

firegun

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
inline subckt hspice

I have a model file with subcircuit defined in it.But I cannot simulate my circuit when I fill the subcircuit name in the blank of modelName.And I have to invoke the features of the subcircuit!How can I solve the problem!Please help me!Thanks! Posted from a mobile

Re: Hi,I have a problem about how to use a model include sub

what is the eda simulation tool that u r using.... what subcircuit is that u r trying to simulate....

I use spectre to simulate a RF like circuit.

Only spectre have the feature that a npn for instance could be either a primitive device with a model or a subcircuit model. So that the device netlist is unchanged and you only change the model be either a primitive or a subcircuit. If you use other simulators then all device should be subcircuits defined in the model file or part where you can change the type of description.

Cadence have a patent on this,

Hi,rfsystem!Your answer helps me a lot.But I still have a little puzzle.Do you mean I just need to fill the subcircuit name in the modelName blank?Please show me the way!Thank you!

The specific feature is that instead of a model name in a spice netlist line

Q3463 (n34 n12 n67 sub!) NPNSUBC

where NPNSUBC is not the model of a bipolar but is a subcircuit containing a bipolar and other components. Cadence call that feature "Inline Subcircuit" in the spectre ref manual.

inline subckt NPNSUBC (c b e s)
ends NPN12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back